Looking for an opportunity to study abroad in Korea?
Then, apply for Higher Education for ASEAN Talent (HEAT) scholarship program !
The Korean Ministry of Education (KMOE) and Korean Council for University Education (KCUE) have launched a scholarship program for ASEAN faculty members: Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT). HEAT scholarship program aims to invite faculty members from ASEAN higher education institutions to support their acquisition of a doctoral degree in Korea with the aim to enhance their expertise and promote people-to-people exchanges between Korea and ASEAN.
· Applicants with ASEAN citizenship
· Applicants who are academic faculty members at 4-year
college/university* in their home country
· Applicants whose highest educational attainment is a master’s
degree or its equivalent
· Applicants who are in good health both physically and
mentally to allow them to pursue their studies
· Applicants who have discussed an academic leave of absence
with the university they belong to and how to contribute to
their school after their return
· Applicants who are younger than 45 years old on the day that
the doctoral program starts
· Applicants who have a sufficient level of proficiency in Korean
· Applicants who meet each university’s additional requirements
· Roundtrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class
· Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month
· Relocation (Settlement) Allowance (one time only): 300 USD
· Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution
· Dissertation Printing Costs: 400~600 USD, depending on the
· Language Training Costs and Medical Insurance: the amount
coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university
· Others: Various incidental allowances depend on each
· All grants will be paid in KRW, and amounts may vary
depending on the exchange rate.
· FORM 1. PERMISSION FOR STUDY LEAVE
· FORM 2. APPLICANT AGREEMENT
· FORM 3. PERSONAL MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
· Original Certificate of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree and
· Certificate of Employment
· Applicant’s Proof of Citizenship Documents
Place of submission: University Admissions office
Applicants are to submit applications by airmail or online to one of the six designated universities directly. For further information, please check [Attachment 2].
More information is available on the official website www.heatscholar.kr and in the documents attached.
Does anyone come to mind who can benefit most from
HEAT scholarship program?