It was on December 8, 2005 that the Board under the Chairmanship of Commissioner Luningnig Umar approved the offering of BS in Marine Transportation, BS in Maring Engineering and the Basic Seaman Course: the courses were formally offered in SY 2006-2007 not spared from its requirement as early as 2009, the College of Maritime Education submitted to International Standardization Organization for Certification which was recertified last May 13, 2013 by Global Group with ISO 9001:2008 Registration Number 55Q13206. Unquestionably, this is an evident commitment of the university to quality education, in the acquisition of knowledge, formation of skills and proficiency in Maritime Education that would make graduates capable to participate and join the competition in this global world.
College of Maritime Education envisions producing competitive Mariners whose knowledge, skills and values meet the standards of national and Global Shipping Industry.
College of Maritime Education commits to deliver quality instruction and comprehensive maritime training opportunities. It endeavors to facilitate the maritime educational needs in order to address the latest development and issues in the maritime and shipping industries.
Jose Rizal Memorial State University specifically designed the College of Maritime Education students and professionals in conformance with application prescribed by the standards of international and national regulatory bodies.
The quality standards set apply to the work and activities undertaken by the College of Maritime Education and the administration as a whole of JRMSU so as to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the college.
The college does not claim any permissible exclusion within its quality system.
Top management ensures that quality objectives including those needed to meet requirements for students are established at relevant functions and levels within the organization. The quality objectives are measurable and consistent to the equality policy.
1. Ensure quality and excellence in knowledge, skills, attitude and competency of students.
2. Ensure that the objectives, content and format of all academic and training programs and all instructional materials comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, CHED, TESDA, and STCW Standards.
3. Direct an effective implementation of professional and technical training programs according to the standards and requirements of ISO 9001:2008, CHED, TESDA, and STCW Standards.
4. Guarantee that instructors have the knowledge, skills and qualifications to teach the respective courses.
5. Enable the implementation of an evaluation and assessment system that shows evidence of knowledge, skill and competence developed through the course of training taken.
6. Ensure improvement of academic and training programs through review, evaluation and verification against standards.
7. Undertake appropriate actions regarding students’ concerns/complaints/suggestions and conduct periodic awareness meetings to promote new requirements and related matters.
8. Ensure implementation of corrective actions and establish preventive measures to eliminate potential non-conformities.
9. Regularly review the quality management system and ensure its continual suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
CME Courses Offered
Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation
*Major in Navigation and Seamanship
Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering
*Major in Internal Combustion
Basic Seaman Course (Able Seafaring NCII)
Board Examination Results
Maritime Licensure Exam (BSMT)
Nov. 2010 - 67 percentage - Nat'l. Percentage 44.23%
- with Top 5 (Rodel M. Magcanta)
Nov. 2011 - 100 percent
- with Top 7 (Paul Leandro C. Lecciones)
Maritime Licensure Exam (BSMT)
Nov. 2010 - 100 percent passing